RPG Core Combat Creator: Unity C# Coding
Build combat for Role Playing Game (RPG) in Unity with the help of the RPG Core Combat Creator Unity C# Coding course. Improve your C sharp, code architecture, game & level design.
What you’ll learn
- Create core combat mechanics for melee, ranged, and special attacks.
- More advanced C# techniques such as interfaces, delegates, and co-routines.
- Create pathfinding systems and patrol paths for enemies and NPCs.
- Make a detailed level with terrain, enemies, triggers, lighting, particles and props.
- Balance the player and enemy stats (eg. health, damage, movement, attack speed, and more).
- Advanced game design, project management and code architecture strategies.
- You should be able to write basic C# (loops, conditionals, components, etc)
- Some familiarity with Unity’s APIs is helpful.
- You should know your way round Unity 5’s editor.
Description of RPG Core Combat Creator: Unity C# Coding
* UPDATE September 2019: We have updated and improved the course using Unity 2018.3 based on feedback from our community. Enjoy! *
This highly acclaimed RPG Core Combat Creator Unity C# Coding course was over 200% funded on Kickstarter, and is designed for intermediate users of Unity. We recommend you take at least the first half of our Complete Unity Developer 2D or 3D, or equivalent, as a pre-requisite.
This course is the first part in our RPG series. The second part will focus on the inventory system and will be available as a separate course.
Role-Playing Games can be complex to create, with many interacting gameplay systems. We make it easy for you, with this online course that teaches you step-by-step how to make the foundations of any good RPG combat system – from scratch.
In this RPG Core Combat Creator Unity C# Coding course we’re focusing on the core of any great RPG, giving your players a fun combat moment in a well-crafted level, based upon a solid game design, built using a robust code architecture. You will follow our project, but also make the game entirely your own.
This is a highly realistic and comprehensive introduction to real game development. We’ll be taking you through our process step-by-step, with all decisions justified and all avenues explored.
We will be dealing with player movement, NavMesh navigation, AI pathfinding, save and loading systems, basic pick ups, using asset packs, debug code, making particle effects and more. We’ll also give you a robust code architecture for managing more complex projects by setting up namespaces.
You’ll need a basic grasp of Unity and C# before you get start, from there we’ll be teaching you more advanced programming techniques such as C# delegates, interfaces, co-routines and more.
Building an RPG is an amazing way to level-up your game development skills, so why not join us and get started improving your game development right now?
Who this course is for:
- This course is for intermediate Unity users who want to create their own RPG.
- Our Complete Unity Developer course provides the perfect pre-requisite.
This series has a lot of great content! You learn the basics of RPG combat & enemy AI in unity in a well-structured and logical manner. I highly recommend it!
The RPG Core Combat Creator Unity C# Coding course is awesome and I think both Sam and Rick are excellent! Got to love Rick’s humor – made me laugh out loud a few times! I do think Sam suffers from a bit of expert syndrome from time to time where his expectations for the student’s knowledge is a bit high but in the end that does force you to push yourself!
It was an awesome experience. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The instructors are great at explaining everything and they made the course content easy to understand. Thank you guys!
Great course! “That should do a trick” Sam is a good teacher, he can become a teacher in some university in any subject any day easily. It was nice to see Rick again xD. Looking for the next part of this course soon.
This was my 4th course by these awesome folks! I’ve already purchased part 2 (That will be course 5). It is a very good RPG Core Combat Creator Unity C# Coding course with lots of tips and tricks. It is certainly not for a beginner at c# however if you are a little proficient with c# and are trying to learn unity it should be ok IMO as the editor work is fairly basic.
Also check out these C# courses for games development.
One thing Ben/Sam/ Rick need to update is to link the part 2 at the end of this RPG Core Combat Creator Unity C# Coding course because I had no idea it was out :p I only found out by reading comments.